Tuesday, December 6, 2011

{Thankful}

So, not sure if anyone noticed, but I missed Music Monday.  There IS a reason!

So, our week started out just fine - Monday was like any other day!  BUT, that quickly went downhill when I had a flat tire on my way home from work.  Instead of calling my dad, I called my husband . . . who works downtown + wasn't able to make it to me quick enough.  So, we called our awesome friends + neighbors - The Meints'!  Thank God Justin was home + able to come change my flat to the spare tire.  After Justin changed my tire, I made sure to invite him and his wife, Taylor, over for dinner + drinks - we had to thank them!

After getting the spare on, I drove home + was picking up the house + starting some laundry.  The electricity went out, which made me seriously think someone was in our house + caused it to go off.  Nick told me I watch too much t.v. if I'm thinking that.  That thought quickly left my mind when I realized the entire street + neighborhood was out of power.  The electricity went out + back on 3 different times.  The 4th time it decided to stay out for good, which was around 5:30p.m.  We ended up having to cancel dinner with our friends that saved the day for me.  Nick + I sat in the cold dark house for a couple hours & then those friends of ours, The Meints', once again saved us.  They let us come over to hang out at their house to wait out our power outage.

I ended up calling the electric company around 9p.m. to find out the status + they still had 1300 locations to get power to, out of 4000 that they started with + sure enough our house was one of the 1300.  They also told me it'd be another 3-4 hours until it was back on . . . So frustrating!  However, Nick + I went back to our house around 9:30p.m. + put together a little pile of pillows + blankets by the fireplace.  We turned the fireplace on to heat us up!  The electricity ended up turning back on around 11:30p.m., but we ended up sleeping the entire night on the floor.  Sure enough, the chiropractor was seen by me today!  And this is why I missed Music Monday!
We are so {thankful} for our great friends, Justin + Taylor Meints!  


Side note:  Please vote in the poll on my page, located in the upper right-hand corner.  THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment