Sunday, December 18, 2011

Books Books Books!

Nick just finished reading the Steve Jobs biography + he stated that it was pretty interesting.  Ever since he received his nook for his birthday, back in October, he's been reading on the bus to + from work.  Oh yeah - you didn't know Nick rode the bus from Ankeny to downtown DSM?  He loves it - gives him time to read, listen to podcasts, + maybe even sleep a bit before + after work.  It may not always work out for us, but right now it definitely works in the schedule.  For example: when I got the flat tire - he wasn't able to hop into a car + come help . . . it was easier to call a friend that lived closer, since Nick would've had to wait for the next bus, then get to his car + then drive out to me.  Good thing flat tires don't happen ALL the time though!


I am currently listening to/reading two different books.  When I tell you what two books, you'll probably laugh because I'm way behind the times here!  I've been pretty terrible about reading lately + wish I did it more - it honestly puts me to sleep or I always think I should be watching t.v. or browsing through Pinterest.  Lame excuses, I know.  I'm on a site called goodreads + "follow" some of my friends to keep up with what they are currently reading or what they want to read next.  I want to read all the books they've read + keep up with what's coming out, but I just can't.  However - at least I can mark books as ones to read + use this site as a reminder.

Anyways . . . back to what I'm currently listening to + reading.  Last weekend when I drove back to Omaha alone to see The Nutcracker with some family, I decided to listen to the first book of the Hunger Games series - my mom had given me all 3 books on disc to listen to (she's HUGE into reading a book + listening to one in the car).  I have to admit something: I didn't read a summary of what this series was supposed to be about, all I knew is that everyone told me they were so great, a fast read + addicting like the Twilight series + I'd really like them - so all along I thought they were going to be about vampires - obviously if you've read the books, you know I'm wrong!  After 30 minutes of listening to the book, I had to stop it + read the back of the case.  I was then a little skeptical, but now I'm hooked!  I'm currently on disc 6 of 9 of the first book + it's been a week - I can only listen to it on my way back + forth to work, really.  It's so good - wish I was actually reading it so I could pick it up at night.  I'm very interested to see how they bring all of this book to the big screen in March of 2012.  Also - I've been talking about this book SO much lately - I think Nick is going to start reading this series on his nook next.  Can't wait to see what he thinks since he's usually not into fiction type books.

Ok . . . . so the book I'm reading - which when I say reading, I mean like a chapter in after a few weeks. I told you - I just don't pick up the nook right now - t.v. is totally trumping my reading.  It's sad.  I'm currently reading The Girl Who Played with Fire.  This is the second book in the Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson.  I finished the first book of the series, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo a few weeks ago - just in time for the movie!!  I've been a big fan of reading the book before seeing it on the big screen + it seems a lot of books are coming out on movies lately.

So what are you reading currently?  Maybe I'll put it on my "to-read" list!

1 comment:

  1. This motivates me to get started on "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" for our book club movie night! I love that Nick reads his Nook on the bus- I think that's awesome! Joe has been stealing mine lately too! Good post!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete